I’m Julia Lundgren, an illustrator, game artist and multimedia creator, in short. My work is made with bold neon colours and often inspired by dreams and playful themes like 90s nostalgia. Nature, animals and videogames are some of my favourite subjects which also shows through much of what I make.
The tactile and tangible excites me, so I love experimenting with different tools, print techniques and materials, mixing digital technology with handmade crafts. My projects often start out as graphite or charcoal sketches, or as etchings or carved and printed stamps, to be cleaned up, continued or coloured digitally, and finally translated into for instance animation, game assets, screen print or sublimation print on paper, wood or textiles.
I’m based in Eskilstuna and Stockholm, Sweden, and currently work remotely in Norway as a teacher and advisor at the Art programme at Kunnskapstrening IT. I’m available for some freelance work.
• Konstfack, university of arts, crafts and design – Bachelor programme in Graphic design and illustration, 2019 – 2022
• Beckmans college of design – Evening school in Visual communication, 2016 – 2017
• Mälardalen university – Information design 2014 – 2014
• Konstskolan i Stockholm, Folkuniversitetet, 2013 – 2014
• John Bauer high school – IT-Media, 2010 – 2013
CONTACT & SOCIAL MEDIA
For inquiries, collaborations or questions, contact me via the contact page. Some of the social media/sites you can find me on;
• Konstfacks spring exhibition – Konstfack 2022
• Tropiskt – Valla handelsträdgård 2019
• Naturligt – Valla handelsträdgård 2018
• Väsen – Folkuniversitetet 2014
• De bistra djuren – Studiefrämjandet i Eskilstuna 2013