I’m Julia Lundgren, an illustrator, game artist and multimedia creator, in short. My work is made with bold neon colours and often inspired by dreams and playful themes like 90s nostalgia. Nature, animals and videogames are some of my favourite subjects which also shows through much of what I make.
The tactile and tangible excites me, so I love experimenting with different tools, print techniques and materials, mixing digital technology with handmade crafts. My projects often start out as graphite or charcoal sketches, or as etchings or carved and printed stamps, to be cleaned up, continued or coloured digitally, and finally translated into for instance animation, game assets, lasercut works, screen print or sublimation print on paper, wood or textiles.
I’m based in Eskilstuna and Stockholm, Sweden, and currently work remotely in Norway as a teacher and advisor at the Art programme at Kunnskapstrening IT. I’m available for some freelance work.
CONTACT & SOCIAL MEDIA
For inquiries, collaborations or questions, contact me via the "contact" page in the top menu.
To follow me on social media or shop prints, see the "links" page in the top menu.
• Konstfack, university of arts, crafts and design – Bachelor programme in Graphic design and illustration. Bachelor of fine arts degree. 2019 - 2022
• Beckmans college of design – Evening school in Visual communication, 2016 - 2017
• Mälardalen university – Information design 2014 - 2014
• Folkuniversitetet – The art school/Konstskolan i Stockholm 2013 - 2014
• John Bauer high school – IT-Media, 2010 - 2013
• Konstfacks spring exhibition – Konstfack 2022 - Exhibition link➔
• HIDDEN MESSAGES – WAY gallery 2022 - Exhibition link➔
• Tropiskt – Valla handelsträdgård 2019
• Naturligt – Valla handelsträdgård 2018
• Väsen/ Elevutställning – Folkuniversitetet 2014
• De bistra djuren – Studiefrämjandet i Eskilstuna 2013